2/6/09

Welcomed Social Interruptions.


I don't know if it's just me but I always, ALWAYS imagine myself doing HORRIBLE things at the wrong time. Stuff that makes absolutely no sense. And has no reason behind it.
Shouting profanities at the top of my lungs during the Sacrament.
Losing control of my bladder while I write lengthy sentences from my essay (as an example of what not to do) on the board in my english class.
Sending a shit-talking text to the subject of the shit.
etc. etc.


Like the other day, I was walking out of class to meet Scott who had gotten the car, with a dangerously buoyant spring in my step (heading north) with my water bottle about half full along for the ride, clutched securely by the lid in my right hand, when I had one of the most errant thoughts I think I've ever had, as a homely (I have no room to talk since I wear pajamas to school) , rain cloud girl walked past me in a southerly direction, eyes set dead ahead on her destination (If I think of her as something other than a human she'd totally be a slug).


My idea then struck me so that I immediately had a rediculously huge grin slathered on my face.
My eyes were even smiling.
As I walked by her, my minds eye opened up a beautiful new window of the same scene, with me in my clicky-clock knee-high boots, lime green pea-coat and sassy electric blue beanie, SWINGING as hard as I could, and connecting her face with my water bottle (remember, half full) and not even breaking step, leaving her and everyone else around completely baffled.


Totally improper right? And seriously messed up!


WHY do I have those kinds of thoughts?


It is so, that on days like today, where all seems lost and tomorrow is feared

I can reminisce.


and regardless of the scene




it made me smile






and always will.

Love,

Scorcho.

3 comments:

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

I am laughing so hard! You're not the only one with wacky thoughts, unfortunately. Wish I could say it's just you. It's hereditary.

Unknown said...

Syd, you are so funny. :-)

Unknown said...

Nancy said it is hereditary. Well!! It didn't come from my side of the family, so you know who that leaves. No that couldn't be possible. He doesn't have wacky thoughts. I do, every once in a while.
Love you Syd.

your mom